I just published the 2018 Retreats/Workshops dates on my website and I am excited to share them with you.
There comes a time when you, as an artist, know you need more than a workshop.
- You have reached a place where you want to dig deeper into your art and connect with that bold source within you.
- You know there is a connection between art and spirituality, and you are ready to connect with this power
- You want to learn how to develop confidence in yourself and your art—because you know how you see yourself as an artist is how you approach your easel
- You want a safe place to create glorious failures—because you know it is your failures that open the door to creative success
- You want to develop a painting style that is uniquely yours
- You want to be inspired to create paintings you never dreamed you could do
- You need an instructor who shares her vulnerability so you can safely release yours
- You want to get honest critiques that transform and empower you
- You want to be surrounded by exquisite beauty and like-minded creators, because beauty and the group mind bring out creativity in you
- You need a soul rejuvenating retreat
August 13 – 17 Abstracts that Sell
Want to discover the #1 secret to selling your abstract paintings? Being able to sell your paintings gives validation to you and your career as an artist. This is a fun yet intense retreat that offers you the freedom to find your personal creative voice.
You will learn how to:
- Achieve that captivating glow in your paintings (one of the main selling points)
- Develop exciting abstract designs
- Find your personal abstract style
- How to mix those all-important “quiet colors” and know where they to place them
- Plus, my secret on how to never be without an abstract design
August 27 – 31 Dancing with Goliath
In this retreat, you will delve deep into color, design and value. An intense artistic retreat that allows you to stretch your painting abilities while having the freedom to find your personal creative voice.
- Understand color in a new way
- Be gutsy with your designs while being authentic
- Apply Color, Design and Value successfully to your paintings
- Know how to use Value in a dramatic yet intriguing way
September 10 – 14 Neutrals, Edges, Shapes and Value
In this retreat, you will delve deep into how to get luscious neutrals, sensual edges, beautiful shapes and value that holds the painting together. An intense artistic retreat that allows you to stretch your painting abilities while having the freedom to find your personal creative voice. Neutrals, Edges, Shapes and Value are key elements to a successful painting. Unfortunately, Neutrals and Edges are often overlooked even though they are the tell-tell sign of a hobby style painting verses a sophisticated professional painting. Shape and Value are more familiar to artists but often misunderstood. This course puts all the pieces together so you know how to fully create a painting with meaning.
You will learn in this workshop:
- Learn how to mix luscious Quiet Neutrals
- The meaning of soft and hard edges plus where and how to use them
- How to create the same value with different colors to make several connecting shapes
- Shapes, the good, the bad and the ugly
- How to connect your shapes successfully
September 24 – 28 Creating and Abstract from the Ground Up
- Want to paint Abstracts but haven’t a clue how to begin?
- Where do you find ideas for great Abstract designs?
- How do you know when an Abstract is finished?
- How do you make those luscious quiet colors so your abstracts stand out?
Fear no more as this fabulous workshop will guide you through creating an Abstract painting from beginning to end. All your questions will be answered and Abstracts will become your favorite painting style.
Sunday evening before the workshops begin there will be a wine and cheese get together. It is such fun to enter the workshop the next day as friends instead of strangers.
On Thursday evening, you will be treated to a magnificent sit-down dinner that takes place under the stunning New Mexico sky. This is something you don’t want to miss.
Let me know if you have any questions about the workshops/retreats.
Don’t wait to decide as these workshops fill fast.
Until next time,